[ubuntu-x] Lucid support for Intel(R) HD Graphics

Geir Ove Myhr gomyhr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:12:26 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

We have started to get the first bug reports for Intel HD Graphics
chipsets (in i3/i5/i7 processors, also known as Clarkdale and
Arrandale).  It seems that at least some of the problems are fixed by
using the 2.6.33 mainline kernel series [1] [2]. I thought I had seen
somewhere that this chipset was only officially supported on 2.6.33,
but now I can't find it and the 2009Q4 release notes mentions improved
support in 2.6.32 [3].

What would be the best solution for Lucid? Get people to git-bisect to
the first good commit in 2.6.33? Provide a PPA with 2.6.33 with
Ubuntu-customization?

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/516909
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/518938
[3]: http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2009Q4.html