[ubuntu-x] XServer for Karmic

Miguel Martínez el.quark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:22:24 BST 2009

Hello everybody,

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:58:10 -0700 Bryce Harrington wrote:
> The one other major X.org component left to be merged in is the new
> -ati stack, which includes updates to mesa and libdrm.  Sarvatt has
> been tracking this upstream work in his packages on xorg-edgers,
> which I've taken and massaged into a standalone PPA here:

Is that stack the one with radeon-rewrite? Although from what I've read
things seem to march along nicely, I guess quite a few regressions may
be present in that branch right now. There was a phoronix test too not
long ago that seemed to indicate that, although things were progressing
well, there were some regressions (expected). So I got a couple of
questions:

Is it possible to include, let's say, xserver-xorg-video-radeon and
xserver-xorg-video-radeon-rewrite? I suppose the answer is no due to
the other changes in mesa and drm

How worthwile is it to put the radeon rewrite stuff? Would it be in
order to fix regressions with more margin looking forward to the next
LTS?

Regards,

Miguel

Miguel Martínez Canales
   Condensed Matter Physics Dpt.
   UPV/EHU
   Faculty of Science and Technology
   Apdo. 644
   48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5326

 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
 we exchange these apples then you and I will
 still each have one apple. But if you have an
 idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
 ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

 George Bernard Shaw