[ubuntu-x] [cworth at cworth.org: [Announce] X Developers' Conference 2009 (September 28-30)]

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Sat Apr 18 02:15:24 BST 2009

----- Forwarded message from Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> -----

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:32:39 -0700
From: Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>
To: xorg <xorg at freedesktop.org>, members <members at x.org>
Subject: [Announce] X Developers' Conference 2009 (September 28-30)

The X.Org Foundation is happy to announce the X Developers' Conference
for 2009.

Please see the conference web page for details (some of which is copied
below):

	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009

-Carl

The 2009 X Developers' Conference[1] will be held at Portland State
University (PSU) in Portland, Oregon, from Monday September 28 through
Wednesday September 30. PSU is within walking distance of Portland's
downtown area and a wide variety of dining, lodging, and public
transportation options.

The conference is scheduled to follow directly after Linux Plumbers
Conference 2009[2] so that people attending both LPC and XDC can do that
with a single trip.

The conference will be held at the University Place[3] hotel and
conference center on the edge of the PSU campus.

We will run the 3-day summit as a normal conference, with presentations
and also birds-of-a-feather group sessions, as well as informal
'corridor sessions', and plenty of time for after-hours social
activities.

Attendance is free, but you must register beforehand, by putting your
name on the Attendees page.

We encourage attendees to stay at the conference hotel (University
Place[3]) for convenience. We have initially reserved a block of 20
rooms for the conference, (so let them know you're with the conference
when making a reservation). We will attempt to increase that block size
as needed, (so please make your reservation as early as possible).

[1] XDC 2009: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009
[2] LPC 2009: http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2009/
[3] University Place: http://cegs.pdx.edu/stay/upl/