[ubuntu-x] x-updates: New Drivers PPA for Jaunty

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Apr 23 00:01:08 BST 2009

We've started getting requests for new versions of X drivers, that
unfortunately missed the freeze deadline for Jaunty.

I've established a PPA for where updated drivers can be posted:

  https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/

I've pre-seeded it with some of the simpler ones to update.  If you're
in ubuntu-x-swat, please feel free to add to the collection.  It would
be nice to have mesa 7.4.1, -intel 2.7, and the new restricted drivers.

The idea here is to provide stable updates that we believe should
improve things beyond the stock install.  So no git snapshots (unless
Debian is carrying them), and nothing requiring newer kernel or
xserver.  Drivers that require new libdrm or other libs are ok, so long
as we also provide those deps in this ppa.

Bryce