[ubuntu-x] X Freezes with EXA and -intel on Jaunty

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Sat Apr 18 01:26:40 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 03:02:04PM -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 18:19 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Bugs/IntelDriver
> >   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze
> >
> > Any ideas on other tricks for gathering data that may be of use to you
> > in debugging these problems would be welcomed for adding to this page.
>
> That looks like it has some useful things on it.
>
> For several of us now, we are stuck unable to fix some important
> GPU-hanging bugs because we can't succesfully reproduce them. So getting
> the batchbuffer dump is going to be essential for some of these.
>
> If you've got some clueful, motivated users that you could walk through
> the process of following my instructions for getting a dump, that would
> be fantastic.

Heya Carl,

Wanted to let you know that I've put all the bits together into a PPA
that should hopefully make it straightforward for Ubuntu users to
collect this info:

  https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-freeze-test

We also have a repro.sh script to help in triggering freezes:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/359392

Bryce