[ubuntu-x] Release of -ati 6.9.9

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Fri Jun 27 19:14:28 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 04:14:35PM +0200, Miguel Martinez wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've just read that xserver-xorg-video-ati has just reached version 6.9.0.
> The changelog is huge, and having EXA support really makes me want to try
> this. Full changelog is available here:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2008-June/000596.html
>
> Intrepid is certain to get this (or better), but is there any chance such
> an update makes it to hardy-proposed? Maybe hardy-backports? The work Alex
> Deucher et al. are doing after getting the specs is absolutely top notch,
> and it shows. It's also possible that all the work that has gone into
> atombios and the "magic numbers" has fixed quite a few rare bugs.

Yeah, sure, once it is released into Intrepid, please feel free to file
a request to the backports team.  The process is fairly easy, see the
"How to request new packages" section in this link below:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports

It'll probably take a few days for 2.9.0 to get through into Intrepid,
then after that you should feel free to request the backport.

Note that there are sometimes additional bugfix releases after a major
ATI version release, so you might want to plan on doing a second request
in a month or so to pick those up.

Bryce