[ubuntu-x] Release of -ati 6.9.9

Miguel Martinez el.quark at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:14:35 BST 2008

Hi guys,

I've just read that xserver-xorg-video-ati has just reached version 6.9.0.
The changelog is huge, and having EXA support really makes me want to try
this. Full changelog is available here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2008-June/000596.html

Intrepid is certain to get this (or better), but is there any chance such
an update makes it to hardy-proposed? Maybe hardy-backports? The work Alex
Deucher et al. are doing after getting the specs is absolutely top notch,
and it shows. It's also possible that all the work that has gone into
atombios and the "magic numbers" has fixed quite a few rare bugs.

Regards,

Miguel

Miguel Martínez Canales
    Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada
    UPV/EHU
    Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnología
    Apdo. 644
    48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5326

  "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
  we exchange these apples then you and I will
  still each have one apple. But if you have an
  idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
  ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

  George Bernard Shaw