[UbuntuWomen] Harverst project current status

Svetlana Belkin barsookmud at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 00:40:57 UTC 2013

On 10/14/2013 04:12 PM, Silvia Bindelli wrote:
> as discussed during our monthly meeting last Tuesday, I checked with
> Daniel the status of the Harvest project (harvet.ubuntu.com), to see
> if we could take advange of it in involving more women in the project.

Just a link correction: it's harvest.ubuntu.com. ;)

>[SNIP]
> "
> harvest is up and running, but nobody has worked on it for quite a
> while. The way it works is that it pulls in lp:harvest-data which has a
> file with "opportunity feeds", from which it pulls in the data.
> "

Don't we (or at least one of us) need the access to this data?  Also,
does it need a team for the users of Harvest?

> I like the idea of aggregating in a place a set of little projects and
> tasks, in order to provide concrete cases on which to start
> contributing. Maybe I would extend it to different areas, not only
> code.

I agree, it should be extended to all of the fields to help folks to
find their niche to get involved.

> Any comment? What would you think about exploiting Harvest?

It seems to be the right path for everyone (inducing the outside folks
of the Ubuntu Women Team) who wants to get involved but they don't know
how.  Also, it could get word about our team.

Svetlana Belkin
--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/belkinsa