[UbuntuWomen] New Member Intro

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue Sep 13 19:21:58 UTC 2011

Op vrijdag 09-09-2011 om 11:51 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef ॥ स्वक्ष:
॥:
> GNUmed[0] is an EHR program that can be used at small doctors clinics
> and suchlike. They have a very active development team and always
> welcome more contributors and feedback too.
>
> Than, there is DebianMed[1] -- dont go by the name :)  Its a medley
> tools for biology, Oncology, bioinformatics, record management
> systems, phylogenetics and a lot more. Take a look at their "tasks"[2]
> page for a full listing.
>
> [0] http://wiki.gnumed.de
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed
> [2] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/
>
> There are many other tools that are not packaged (some are underway)
> for Debian (or Ubuntu) so if you want more information, feel free to
> mail me off-list :)

Interesting, a retired doctor asked me about EHR programs a couple of
months ago, but I didn't know much about it.  He said he looked at some
projects, but complained most of them were written from a doctor's
office (management?) point-of-view, and not from a patient point-of-view
(I seem to remember he was involved in some project to help improve
healthcare somewhere in Africa, but that might be wrong).

Maybe I should get him in contact with some of you (or maybe there are
useful mailing lists/groups for this?).

--
Jan Claeys