[UbuntuWomen] Website text review

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 11 04:03:46 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As our blueprint[0] for this cycle describes, one of the tasks for the
cycle is deploying a new theme for our wiki and pointing
www.ubuntu-women.org to the wiki (all of the content is already on the
wiki, except for the front page itself!). Melissa Draper put together
the design and worked with Alan Bell to make it into a wiki theme
which is available in launchpad[1]. Alan has since sent the details to
me so I can get them off to the Canonical sysadmins for installation,
but we also have another lingering task - to review the default text
on the front page of Ubuntu-Women.org so we can put in a redirect
after the new wiki theme goes live.

I have put a copy of the text up for collaboration here:

http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Natty/Home

So if you're interested, please read the current text and offer
suggestions either by adding content to the wiki itself (don't worry
about breaking it, wikis save old versions and have revert buttons!)
or replying to this thread with ideas.

Thanks everyone!

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-project-goals
[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-women/ubuntu-women.org/mointheme/files