[UbuntuWomen] UW Project - Suggested Measurable Goals -M Release Cycle

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Tue Mar 16 07:23:13 UTC 2010

|| स्वक्ष || wrote:
> See, http://us.pycon.org/2010/registration/financial-aid/ , which
> clearly outlines the process. My point was more along the line of
> _explicitly_ mentioning this somewhere. Currently this information is
> not on our wiki and besides long-time contributors** few would know
> that Canonical sponsors women to UDS.
>
> ** Being an Ubuntu member should not be a prerequisite.

it isn't. You can attend UDS, with, or without sponsorship from
Canonical without being a member (it might be a small factor in the
sponsorship decision - I don't know). I would suspect that people
putting the time aside to spend a week at UDS (wherever it is) are by
definition fairly long term contributors. Those who are not, may not
have heard of UDS, however as the sponsorship details are on the
announcement and tend to get talked about quite a bit I expect the set
of people who have heard of UDS, want to go, need sponsorship and are
unaware of the sponsorship process is pretty small.