[UbuntuWomen] UW list and attachments.

Thyberthpithe thyberthpithe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:41:32 UTC 2010

Hi there,

On 5 Apr 2010, at 05:12, स्वक्ष wrote:

> I am being forced to bring up this issued to the mailing list after a
> very long conversation on IRC which I found very disturbing as it took
> on an accusatory tone despite me spending more than an hour on an
> early Monday morning clarifying why attachments should not be sent to
> mailing lists.

I subscribe to many mailing lists and although the odd attachment here and there is, in itself, not an issue, they soon add up.  I am quite often travelling and accessing my e-mail etc via broadband dongles or cell phones.  I prefer to have the choice over whether I look at an attachment or not.  So I'd rather it not be in the mailing list but a link to on-line storage somewhere.   So I don't want attachments allowed on the mailing list.

Is it possible to automate the scrubbing of attachments and may be the automatic upload of the attachments somewhere.  So someone can just mail to the list and everyone else gets a link and not the attachment?  I've been a list admin on my own mailing lists for some time (I ban attachments) and felt this facility would be awesome but never seen it supporting in list software.  Its almost tempted me to write my own!

Melanie