[UbuntuWomen] UW list and attachments.

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Apr 5 16:15:25 UTC 2010

+1 on not receiving attachments, for the reasons others have already given.

On whether the leader should be a list admin: it makes sense to me
that the leader should have list admin privs if she wants them ...
though I hope she wouldn't use them to send large attachments to
a list where everyone has indicated they don't want to receive
attachments. :-)

On delaying a message because it has an attachment: lots of mailing
lists send the message without the attachment, and a note like
[ attachment of type text/PDF was deleted from this message ].
Does Mailman not have the ability to do that? I certainly agree
that having a message stuck in an approval queue for long periods is
frustrating if you don't know why it's stuck. Better to just send
it without the attachment, or bounce it with a "Sorry, this list
doesn't allow attachments" message.

	...Akkana