[UbuntuWomen] Participation and contribution in UW [was] call for list admins

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Jun 6 00:52:19 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 05-06-2009 om 21:57 uur [tijdzone +0530], schreef vid:
> In all my years of participation in various linux communities being on
> IRC 24/7 has never been a prerequisite to contributing, so I hope that
> is not what is being implied here.  IMPO, that would be unfair to a
> lot of women out there who have the time and inclination to
> participate but balk at being asked to be on irc 24/7.  For a lot of
> women real life can suddenly get very hectic and I hope UW is more
> than that and is able to _listen_ and yet encourage more women.

And for what it's worth: I'm not a woman, but last year my internet
connection broke down (lightning strike), I started a new job and was
looking for a new house to buy--all around the same time.  So I'm very
well aware about "real life" getting in the way sometimes...  ;-)

I really welcome all new volunteers and, like I said before, I want to
help them with how to do mailing list moderation without using too much
time.

--
Jan Claeys