[UbuntuWomen] Hi, I'm the new kid | Can technology be "more female "?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:54:17 UTC 2009

On Martes 28 Abril 2009 4:43:37 AM Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2009/4/26 Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com>:
> > We have a code of conduct but I'm not aware of anyone ever being
> > 'done' for breaches of it with reference to minorities. Freedom of
> > speech arguments always seem to win out. We must be on the side of the
> > hated political correctness!
>
> I don't think it will ever be enouraged, to be honest. At least there
> is a CoC in Ubuntu, we don't have any in Debian.

I mentioned problems with a certain community member and his behaviour toward
some of the women to Daniel Holbach.  He said that if the guy continues, we
should send a complaint to the Community Council (of which he (dholbach) is a
member) and they'd give the guy a stern talking-to and basically let him off
with a warning.  If he continued after that...well he didn't say what would
happen, but I know that Ubuntu Member status (which this guy doesn't have
anyway) can be stripped.  I think Ubuntero status may be revocable as well.
From what others have said, it sounds like developers can have their upload
rights stripped for CoC violations as well.

The person I'm referring to has not been taken to the CC.  I told him that he
had to read the HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux and learn to behave, and that
if he didn't I would go to the CC.  He seems to be behaving.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo