[UbuntuWomen] Choosing a job wisely (Re: Article: Computer World: Why women quit technology careers)

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 24 12:23:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Vid. A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> Linuxchix has a moderated list (jobposts) for this. Suppose we allow
> folks to post job openings on this list with a [jobs/commercial] tag
> ...would that annoy the list members a lot ? Thoughts ?

IMO this is too off-topic and we're an international group that's much
smaller than LinuxChix. I suspect putting a link to the LinuxChix Jobs
posting list (again - keeping our links fresh! :)) and continuing
(I've gotten inquiries before) to forward people who want to post jobs
to this list to LC Jobs is the best route.

...now "job" posts for projects within Ubuntu/Debian ("Hey I have a
new package, need testers!" "I made a translation, reviewers?") is a
different matter entirely. I think we should encourage this sort of
thing. In fact, I think I might start doing that.

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com