[UbuntuWomen] GeekSpeakr.com - Tech women speakers

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Mon Jun 23 11:56:07 UTC 2008

Brenda Wallace wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> A while ago i heard the complaint that there are no women speakers for
> technical conferences - they don't exist, or they're incredibly rare, that's
> why none were invited to speak at <insert invite only gathering>.
>
> So I decided to do something about it.
>
> I whacked together http://geekspeakr.com using some drupal modules and asked
> the tech women of the world to come register.
>
> I'd love for the ubuntu women to come sign up as speakers @
> http://geekspeakr.com. You're very likely to get contacted by conference and
> even organisers  - but at the least you'll be adding +1 to the long list of
> awesome confident techie women in the list and dispelling another silly myth.

Hi Brenda!

Thanks for posting on here :)

Your site has already come up on the list and I know a number of us are
already registered, including myself!  I've also already gone through
the site a couple of times to send CFP requests for a conference I'm
involved in organizing (http://sector.ca) and am trying really hard to
get lots of women speakers on the program this year.

-Leigh