[UbuntuWomen] Just an idea

t u towsonu2003 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 00:25:44 UTC 2008

Leigh Honeywell wrote:
> I think it might be worth making explicit in the FAQ that men are
> welcome to be involved in the project.  But that may be a different
> discussion better suited to an IRC meeting.
>
> -Leigh

Leigh,

How much more can they emphasize this? It's already in the FAQ, at the
top of everything, in bold, and mentioned twice or more. And that
section was there since about 8 months or more.

"Ubuntu-Women is not about segregation of women, rather its goal is to
integrate women as equals within the mainstream development going on in
the Ubuntu world. Remember, membership is open to all and not based on
gender alone." http://ubuntu-women.org/faq.html

It's not like the name suggests a KKK-like klan or a man's club or
something similar. Anyone who has a bit of current political knowledge
would know, by now, that mainstream equal-rights movements are inclusive
by default.

Thanks.