[UbuntuWomen] Announcing the new website administrators!

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at princessleia.com
Sat Mar 10 16:44:15 UTC 2007

I'm pleased to announce our two new website administrators! Both of them
have signed the CoC and have been with Ubuntu Women for quite some time.

=== Romana Branden ===

Her website is TimeLady.com. I know her quite well through getting to
know her on the #Ubuntu-Women IRC channel over the past year and from
reading her wonderful blog: http://timelady.com/blog/

She's a mother, a sysadmin, a programmer, a linuxchix member, and
dedicated to the UW project and FOSS outreach in general. She has the
required HTML knowledge, and she also brings experience with
administrating wikis.

=== Susana Pereira ===

Susana has been an Ubuntu-Women member longer than I have, and has
played a significant role in helping out in #Ubuntu-Women as an OP for
over a year now. She's also participated in the IRC meetings we've been
holding lately, very dedicated to the project.

Her experience is primarily with ubuntu-pt.org - where she helped do the
entire website migration to a new server and still plays the role of an
admin there and has wiki administration experience.

The the administrative team for the website is now:

Vidya Ayer of India
Elizabeth Bevilacqua of the United States
Romana Branden of Australia
Susana Pereira of Portugal

This gives us great international coverage!

Finally, I want to thank the other people who stepped forward to offer
administrative help. We ended up going with people who have contributed
to the project in the past, but we were lucky to have some very talented
newcomers apply for the position. I look forward to these people
stepping up for other positions as the group grows, and will keep them
in mind when we need more website help in the future.

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com