[UbuntuWomen] Meeting Notes for March 11, 2007
lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Mar 13 23:21:46 GMT 2007
Full log and these meeting notes also available on the wiki:
= Ubuntu-Women IRC Meeting March 11th 15:00 UTC 2007 =
pleia2 began the meeting talking about the wiki
* pleia2 linked to the
message she sent to the list earlier in the week] as reason for
keeping an U-W exclusive wiki
* It was agreed to keep the wiki
* dinda noted elkbuntu's suggestion of keeping an index of our wiki on
the old U-W wiki page so it is searchable
* bapoumba asked about usage statistics of the website, and pleia2
confirmed that we could get the access log to run statistics
* The topic of translated content on the old wiki was brought up - what
should we do with it?
* Put it online somewhere on our new wiki and label it archive?
* pleia2 wondered if we should just delete it since it's so old and
may not be useful to future translating efforts?
* Nightrose suggested we archive it somewhere private '''this solution
* Translations in general - Susana mentioned that data on the wiki may
be too transitional to keep translated. We decided we should be open
to translations of the static pages on the site in the future.
* pleia2 is putting together a wiki migration plan, Susana offered to
help with the effort
[http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/BugDays Gnome Bugsquash] March 21st to
be attended by UW?
* Susana is a gnome bugsquad member and suggested getting some
Ubuntu-Women involved with the upcoming Gnome
* dinda said she'd be "in figuring out how to work with upstream gnome
stuff" and "it plays into the whole Ubuntu HCI/Usability thing"
* bapoumba expressed interested in working with translation related
bugs (and translation efforts in general)
* dinda wondered about the possibility of addressing ubuntu related
gnome bugs specifically
* Susana volunteered to do a "session of going through the triage
* We agreed this would be good - and could be our first "course" for
our mentoring project!
* Susana said she'd be available for it on the 19th or 20th
* bapoumba will post a note on the forums as soon as Susana makes an
announcement on list.
* pleia2 outlined some points from the last meeting - it is still a
work in progress
* Nightrose mentioned she'd like to be a contact in the mentoring
* dinda mentioned a few places she'd like mentoring in, so we should
get the wiki up requesting mentors ASAP!
* dinda suggested an outlet for people to ask for help about the
* pleia2 explained that the wiki would be much more heavily used
International Women's Day Progress - future events?
* pleia2 said "I already announced this on the list, but we did have a
few people sign up for our launchpad team this week" and a couple
women signed the CoC
* The event could have been more successful, but several of us had
unexpected obligations that week
* pleia2 mentioned that we should have more resources for the next
sign-up session, perhaps some gpg tutorials and a course
* dinda suggested we get rolling on our next membership day - what days
are upcoming that it might be possible on?
* Perhaps starting Mother's Day weekend? dinda suggested the tagline
"Bring your Mom to Ubuntu" ... "Even if you're not a Mom. . . "
* Mother's day weekend falls on the weekend after UDS-Sevilla - maybe
this won't work out? We'll see...
* dinda suggested we should put together a list of "lessons learned"
based on this membership drive so we can do better in the future
Next meeting will be held on March 25th at 11:00 UTC
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
More information about the ubuntu-women