[UbuntuWomen] regarding for server installation

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:16:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 14:48 +0100, fatma oymak wrote:
> Hi Caroline
>
> I ve found some document with my languages about " Linux/GNU server
> document" and it direct us below addres
>
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/edgy/
>
> and than i ve choose one option I ve burn a server CD from this page but i
> am not sure how could i install this server program....i mean if i ve
> install this server program in my PC do i have to install top of the ubuntu?
>
> many thanks

SAMBA is something you would install on the machine after you've
installed Ubuntu. You would install the SAMBA server.

SAMBA allows the server to share files with windows machines. Windows
machines will think it is a windows server.

I've not much experience of setting it up so someone else would have to
help you with that. SAMBA should be on the Ubuntu server edition CD. If
not it is certainly in the repositories.

Caroline