Wiki (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] ubuntu-women website)

|| vid || svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:45:13 UTC 2006

Hello :)

On 3/19/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie at riverland.net.au> wrote:

> I've added to the U-W wiki page, information and links, and created a
> translation bar.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen

WOW :) I wish I could write so beautifully like you did :-) Being used
to cryptic communication, I can see why I should'nt go near the
documentation team :-P

> it. Since we get a large, prominent page title automatically, could
> we dispense with the title table? Svaksha, if you put some time into

hey, feel free to chuck it 'coz we will be doing the main website
pages soon [/me *pokes lurkers to participate) so it may have to go
anyway.

> I've created my translation page, so I could have a textual link,
> using the language name, not UbuntuWomenVi as the link, which
> mightn't make any sense at all to people from my community (Ubuntu
> Women is Phụ nữ Ubuntu). I won't do the translation until we've
> mostly finalized the original text, to avoid having to re-do it much.
> I used the model PageNameLL, where LL is your language code (e.g. Vi

<snipped all the good stuff>

> Hmm, it might be an idea to make this a wiki page, How to translate
> this wiki page ... off to the Wiki again!

You are right , it would be nicer to have a few main immutable/static
pages with the links to the wiki pages so anyone can participate. That
is central to Ubuntu and IMO, its better to retain that in UW too.

Again thanks for all that work.

ciao,
|| vid ||