[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu OS

Evelyn Namara evelyngeek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:52:33 UTC 2006

Thanx my Pewa,

Thanx for posting that to Charles,
To be honest to the Ubuntu Community, they need to ably address this issue,
the assumption that many people can handle internet to download the software
on line is not a good one,

More so they should look at the problem of bandwidth we are facing
in most countries, the software at times is so heavy and
would take the whole day downloading.

We want to have Ubuntu work for us ably,
am involved much more in promoting ubuntu and i even distribute,
the ubuntu software because am so much in love with debian and
i want to learn more of it, i dont know much abt it now,

So there people most of them have machines at home
and we go there and install the software, but we lack what to tell them when
the
question of software comes up, some specific software that one wld need
can only be available on the universal repositories,

which makes me think twice on either trashing ubuntu and only
have it in office and install suse which gives me software on the 5 CDs, or
air this out on the ubuntu list to get a response.

so ubuntu developers and people directly concerned should
look at this issue, not everyone has internet access but people still
need to use the software without complaining.

--
Evelyn Namara
Technical Support Engineer

+256782795320