Life and Linux (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] Introduction)

Ndapewa Hangula hangulanv at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 09:44:15 UTC 2006

Hi Evelyn (and everyone else)

Below is a response from Charles, he's a Ubuntu developer and i forwarded him your query.

Charles Majola <charles at ubuntu.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:02:48 +0200
From: Charles Majola <charles at ubuntu.com>
To: Ndapewa Hangula <hangulanv at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Life and Linux (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] Introduction)

 Unfortunately there is no one you can speak to, Ubuntu/Canonical doesn't
provide a solution to that. An idea would be to ask someone who has a
connection to mirror the ubuntu archive and burn it on dvd's for you and
then you can install it on a local server and install software from it
instead of the repositories. As for security updates you will need to
periodically download them.

--
chmj