[ubuntu-women] Re: Creating change

Lucia Mazzoni lucia at spippola.it
Thu Mar 9 22:45:47 UTC 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:

> We are lucky to have you. I'm sure your experience will be very
> valuable. There's a gap between local LUGs and national Linux
> associations which I think needs examination. What do you think?

my experience in Italy is that local associations are more "techie" and
able to set up different and interesting initiatives (courses,
seminars,... pizza togheter while we talk of autotools), IMHO national
associations actually spend a lot of effort trying to keep togheter,
linked, different "souls" of its partecipants, different idea about what
the association have to do and, mainly, how.
On 2004 I partecipate to organise a conference with Larry Wall, Allison
Randall, Randal Schwartz... called CodeJam. It was organized by a set of
LUGs and others (perlmonkers) in our spare time and it had been hard work!

>(..cut..)  (Anyway,
> your English is streets ahead of my Italian!)

:))

Lucia

--
The answer is 42.