[ubuntu-women] Basic source-control course on Linuxchix

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Mar 7 03:00:22 UTC 2006

Hi guys :)

Reminder: there's a basic source-control course running on the
Linuxchix Courses mailing list.

You can catch up with the first mail or two, in the archives.

Mary, who is presenting this course, says today:

> There are four lessons remaining. Unfortunately due to other
> commitments I'm going to have to space them out. However, that's
> better
> than no completion :)
>
> Here's the timetable:
>
>  Sun Mar 26 2006: checking out, making a change, and committing it
>  Sun Apr 16 2006: conflicts: what happens when your changes clash?
>  Sun May 7 2006: setting up your own repository
>  Sun May 28 2006: simple distributed version control with Bazaar

Looks good to me! :)

Questions and participation are encouraged. Come and join in!

Note: you can filter the Courses list by course topic, so you can
choose which courses to receive.

Note 2: please consider presenting a course in your field. What you
feel is basic, everyday stuff can fill in a lot of gaps for someone
else. It's so often the groundwork we miss, when leaping from project
to project like a chamois [1] with butter on its hooves...

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] A type of mountain goat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamois