[ubuntu-women] Re: Introduction

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Mar 7 03:01:06 UTC 2006

On 07/03/2006, at 4:45 AM, Jane Silber wrote:

> I just joined this list and thought I would introduce myself. <snip>

Welcome, Jane!

It's great that we're going to have a wide variety of backgrounds and
skills in this group. We'll all learn from each other, and I hope we
can support other women in our fields.

I think we [1] should stop saying, "I'm not coding, but...". We're
all here because we are involved in some activity which is necessary
to computing. Time we lost the non-coding cringe and affirmed that
what we do is also an essential part of what makes software and
hardware accessible to users.

For example, I'd love to see someone here from ThinkGeek, or from
Slashdot! :)  Having representatives from management and from
internationalization is a good start.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] I'm reminding myself, here: I'm one of the worst non-coding
cringers! :D  I feel really embarrassed because I'm too ill to use
what skills I had in that area, or to acquire new ones. However, i
need to remember that what I can do is also important.