[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 20:19:20 UTC 2006

On 7/1/06, Myriam Rita Schweingruber <schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it's about time to introduce myself too: My name is Myriam Schweingruber,

Welcome here.

> I also work as a Free Software advocate/evangelist/passionaria (choose what
> you prefer) for the FSF Europe since about 4 years in my spare time and just
> come back from the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Paris where I wanted to make my

Cool... if such Summits were held in Asia more folks can participate.

> mind up and eventually gave a hand in a few specs. We were not many women, 6
> to be precise: Belinda Lopez (aka ubuntugirl aka dinda), Claire Newman from
> Ubuntu who coordinated the whole bunch of geeks, Jane Silver who actually
> runs Ubuntu, Ellen Reitmayr from KDE/OpenUsability.org, Adriane Knopper who
> actively contributes with her husband Klaus (yes, the Knoppix guy) to
> accessibility and me. I still have a few blog snippets to post since Paris
> and you can read them here: http://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/myriam/weblog

Reading as I write, and do join the UW planet here :
http://planet.ubuntu-women.org/
... but currently the original server is down and Robin is kindly
hosting our site on his server.

> I also sometimes hang around on IRC: myriams on irc.freenode.net, mainly in
> #ubuntu-women, #edubuntu, #ubuntu-bugs, etc.

/me on the first and last, nick - svaksha and  I noticed you earlier
this week :-)

--
Vid