[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Elaine Normandy elainen at stardel.com
Fri Jun 30 18:53:58 UTC 2006

I've been enjoying the introductions, so here's mine.

I first used Linux almost three years ago, as a result of using Knoppix at the
Internet Lounge of the World Science Fiction Convention In Toronto.  I came
home and installed Red Hat 9 Linux as a dual boot on my desktop.  A few
months later, I had a local PC shop build me a computer and installed Fedora
Core 1 as its operating system.  I started using Ubuntu over a year ago, and
am currently running Dapper Drake, most often with the KDE desktop.

I have a background in computer science, and have worked on a smorgasbord of
operating systems, including MVS, VM/CMS, VMS, Dec Unix, and not a few MS
offerings.  In addition to liking to fool around with computers, I spend my
time riding my two horses, fooling around with art materials, and throwing
plants into dirt and seeing what survives.

--
Elaine Normandy, Colorodo Springs
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/