[UbuntuWomen] The Ubuntu-Women's team and presentation

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:20:07 UTC 2006

Hi Team,

I have been working on a new document for the Ubuntu Documentation on

how to get involved with Ubuntu [1], and as part of that, I have been
going through all the team wiki pages to gather basic information on
how to get involved with each team. Unfortunately, not all of this
information is organized or available in any easy way.

To solve this, I have made a TeamPageTemplate [2] in the Ubuntu Wiki
to offer a common structure for team wiki pages to make it easy for
new contributors to get an overview of the information that they will
need to get involved. I hope you are willing to adopt this structure for
the Ubuntu Women team page as well. I have already adapted the
DocumentationTeam wiki
page to this template [3] so that you can get an idea of what such a
team wiki page can look like.

Vid asked me to have a look at your page to see if the information is
clear enough, and I find that it is a little text heavy. I think that
if you can break it up in shorter sections and give clear examples of
how people can get and already are involved, it will help the page a
fair bit. I would like to help with this, if it should be necessary,
but I'm sure you have lots of good input on how to organize it already.

I would also like you to have a look at the ContributeToUbuntu section
on the Marketing section [4] so that you can make sure that it
properly reflects how you want people to get involved. Remember that
this is to make it easy for new community members to get involved, so
please let me know if you have any input or comments on the suggested
structure.

I should say that Vid has already had a look at it and approved it,
but more eyeballs make all bugs shallow, as they say... :-)

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamPageTemplate?action=edit (note that
there are comments for each section)
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam