[utah-devel] UTAH Weekly Meeting

Javier Collado javier.collado at canonical.com
Thu Aug 16 08:33:46 UTC 2012

Hello Dmitrijs and Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion to use the ubiquity/success_command.

Let me describe the problem a little bit more and maybe you can help us
to get to a better solution. The reason we were discussing about package
installation in ubiquity is because we're using the same preseed file
for alternate, server and desktop images.

However, as far as I know, ubiquity is only used in desktop and it
doesn't support "d-i pkgsel/include", so to support all images with a
single preseed we have to use both "d-i pkgsel/include" and "ubiquity
ubiquity/success_command".

That's not a big problem, but it looks awkward because two different
lines are being used basically to do the same thing, so we were
wondering if there's a more elegant solution that still uses just a
single preseed file which it's quite convenient.

Best regards,
    Javier