[utah-devel] UTAH Weekly Meeting

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 16 09:36:22 UTC 2012

On 16/08/12 09:33, Javier Collado wrote:
> Hello Dmitrijs and Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion to use the ubiquity/success_command.
>
> Let me describe the problem a little bit more and maybe you can help us
> to get to a better solution. The reason we were discussing about package
> installation in ubiquity is because we're using the same preseed file
> for alternate, server and desktop images.
>
> However, as far as I know, ubiquity is only used in desktop and it
> doesn't support "d-i pkgsel/include", so to support all images with a
> single preseed we have to use both "d-i pkgsel/include" and "ubiquity
> ubiquity/success_command".
>
> That's not a big problem, but it looks awkward because two different
> lines are being used basically to do the same thing, so we were
> wondering if there's a more elegant solution that still uses just a
> single preseed file which it's quite convenient.

Ok. What sort of things do you have in the "d-i pkgsel/include" ?
Cause I can add a feature in ubiquity to optionally install packages
listed in that field. Are they going to be retrieved over the network
(similar to how langpacks are done)?

Alternatively, you can use oem-config install which adds support for
installing extra packages.... but that would not be 'typical default'
install.

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.