[utah-devel] UTAH Weekly Meeting

Daniel Manrique daniel.manrique at canonical.com
Wed Aug 15 18:47:21 UTC 2012

On 12-08-15 02:41 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> On 15 August 2012 17:55, Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com> wrote:
>>
>> - With Ubiquity we don't have a directive to install packages the same
>> way we have it with d-i, we are exploring the options at hand and trying
>> to decide which way to better implement the installation of packages.
>>

> In the pre-seed you can use:
>
> ubiquity/success_command: similar to preseed/late_command. Specify a
> command to be run when the install completes successfully (runs
> outside of /target, but /target is mounted when the command is
> invoked).
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitrijs

You beat me to this suggestion by like 5 minutes :)

Yes, unless you're using some other approach to install packages, this works
well. Also, the command can potentially be the same as the preseed/late_command.
In checkbox-satellite, we define a late_command that then gets merged into the
preseed, so there's no need to manually duplicate it.

To run stuff in the target you can do it like this (just like in d-i late_command):

in-target apt-get install whatever; \
in-target echo "whatever" >/etc/file.conf; \  #relative to /target

- Daniel