dd to copy disk - but then not boot

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 16:12:42 UTC 2023

On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 at 13:45, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> So this is all on the same machine - sorry for any confusion.
> I have my machine.  it supports 3 - PCIE disks.  So I thought I would try the new PCIe5 so I got one.
> turn off my machine - put in PCIE5 disk - rebooted - so now Im back to running PCIe4 disk and the new PCIe5 disk is just sitting there.

I am giving up. Maybe someone else can help, once you give them some
relevant info:

* what OS
* what version
* what PC or motherboard
* what firmware and version
* whether you've checked that it's current
* what boot method (UEFI or BIOS)
* what other OSes are present
* how these drives are configured, connected, partitioned, formatted, mounted
* what other drives are present, how they are connected
* what you are trying to run as a guest under what, how it is configured

As it is, I know nothing about your machine or its config so I can't
even begin to guess what might have happened.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 277612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053