what is needed to interface with iOS or Android "doorbell cameras" on ubuntu?

ubuntu at howorth.org.uk ubuntu at howorth.org.uk
Sun Jan 15 20:55:59 UTC 2023

dave at thefletchers.net wrote:
> I fitted a Reolink PoE camera to the front of my house up above my
> porch about 18 months or so ago. I use the motion package from the
> repos on my server to get recordings of things that are moving.

I have a few Reolink PoE cameras too and they seem to work well. The
cameras I have have built-in motion detection and that seems to work
well and wasn't too much hassle to set up. I thought about using motion
(I have a system elsewhere) but in the end bought a Reolink NVR
instead. That works and can FTP the video clips to a backup system
automatically.