Ubuntu installers?

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:11:00 UTC 2023

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 at 20:07, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 06:21:10 AM +1100, Owen Thomas wrote:
> > A developer is a specific subtype of, and thereby by definition, a user?
> That;s
> > the way I always saw things.
> >
> > Perhaps part of the problem is that others don't see things this way?
> What else
> > could a developer be if they weren't also a user?
>
> Being a developer of a program that can also run on some operating
> system does not overlap at all with being also a USER of that
> operating system. That's where *my* problems come from, probably.

Ahh.... that makes sense.

Someone told me a long time ago that Java solved that problem. It didn't? :)

Luckily for me, I want others to extend my code so it runs specific
devices. My concept is of an abstract data model that exposes the state and
control of a specific device when an instance tailored to the given device
is running on it. Hence, I can assume my software will run on anything
because making it run on another device is the problem of the person who
wants to extend my code to run on it.

The moral here is to offload your problems to someone else and they stop
being your problems. :)