Installing an OS over the existing OS

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:18:29 UTC 2023

On 23/2/23 08:35, Liam Proven wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

The Tosheba A100 will not boot from USB and this seems to be a common
problem with this model. This is the second A100 that I've owned and
neither will boot from USB and neither optical disk functions.

I managed to get Debian 11 installed by transplanting the HDD to a
working laptop. Unfortunately, the A100 suffers from the Intel micro
code bug and I was not able to proceed further. I have installed Lubuntu
and it functions but painfully slowly. I suppose it's done well for a
2006 model.

In the meantime I have received a Thinkpad X131e and have Xubuntu
running alongside Windows 10. This is a rather cute laptop (solely for
my wife's entertainment) and surprisingly it detects Bluetooth LE
devices, something that my Thinkpad T420 won't do without an external
Bluetooth adaptor.

Anyway, this is the end of Tosheba A100 saga and I thank all for their
patience.

--
Regards,
Phil