update & upgrade error/fail

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:40:33 UTC 2023

Hey there,

Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>>I'm curious, as Oliver is, as to what's inside that file.
>>
>>Also, did you ever try to prevent Snap from updating or from
>>installing at all? This may be a remnant of that.
>>
>>If there's nothing that you currently want to do to control Snap in
>>some way, this would probably be solved by moving that file out of
>>that directory (I wouldn't delete it, but put it somewhere else just
>>in case you need to restore it for some reason).
>
>As I don't have snap I did remove it (yeh I know moving was a better
>option but...) but no change, still cant update/upgrade either from
>term or gui

Before you do anything else, can you restore it (is it still inside
your trash)? If so, please do that and move it to a safe place. We
haven't established for certain that it's the cause of the issue.

Also, did you look inside it?

Last, but not least, did you run this command before trying to
update/upgrade? It should always be run any time you change your
/etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/preferences files and before
updating or upgrading. It lets apt take a good look around and see
what the current set-up is:

sudo apt update

--
Little Girl