Bone-conduction headset

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 20:02:03 UTC 2022

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 16:19, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:

> Every single regular headset I have tried either
>
>   * fails to connect to Bluetooth OR
>   * connects but then dies OR
>   * the headphone connects but the microphone doesn't OR
>   * connects but fails to pass the connection to ALSA so it never appears
>
> (currently on Mint 20.1 with whatever Bluetooth comes as standard).

That's well out of date now. The Mint upgrade process is easy and
streamlined now. You ought to be on 20.3 by now.

Anyway, on topic: I haven't tried. TBPH I really only trust Macs and
Android with Bluetooth stuff.

Last time I tried a BT mouse  under Ubuntu, it was awful. I had to
install a whole new stack (I think called BlueZ) to get it working at
all. Result: working,m but 2 BT icons in the status bar.

> Or a recommendation for one of the Ubuntu-based distros with a
> fully-working Bluetooth system?

Mint 21 will use a new BT stack, partly because the GNOME devs won't
support interop with anyone else's desktop. (Figures.)

It's in beta now. Seems to work well. I previewed it last week:
https://www.theregister.com/2022/07/14/mint_21_beta/

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053