Ventoy

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 00:49:40 UTC 2021

On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 at 23:49, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> But it does not list Lubuntu...

Lubuntu originally used LXDE. The lead developer of that desktop,
"PCMan", has moved on to a new project, LXQt, which just reached v1.0
last month.
https://www.theregister.com/2021/11/09/new_qt_linux_desktops/

LXDE has been forked and continued under the name PIXEL by the
Raspberry Pi Foundation, but I do not think there is a version
available for Ubuntu.

I quite liked LXDE but find Xfce a bit more customisable. I found LXQt
acceptable but a bit immature, however now it's reached v1.0 perhaps
it's ready. It's the most current lightweight desktop for Ubuntu.

There are other very lightweight desktops such as EDE, but I do not
think they're currently packaged for Ubuntu. There are also lighter
environments still but that aren't full desktops, such as Openbox,
Window Maker, IceWM or FVMW95. However if you like luxuries such as
desktop icons and a file manager then I think you might prefer LXQt.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053