Ventoy

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 18:49:23 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:56:26 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>I had to update my Ventoy USB key to a newer version of Ventoy recently

Just in case somebody should fear updating an USB stick's Ventoy.

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# ventoy -u /dev/sdg

      Ventoy: 1.0.61  x86_64
      longpanda admin at ventoy.net
      https://www.ventoy.net

Upgrade operation is safe, all the data in the 1st partition (iso files and other) will be unchanged!

Update Ventoy  1.0.61 ===> 1.0.61   Continue? (y/n)n
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]#

That's it ;) (in this case without an update, but an update doesn't
require more work). This USB stick started with Ventoy 1.0.31, see
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1948154 .