Rhythmbox codec problem

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:06:07 UTC 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 19:56, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:

> Yes, I had done a reboot.  The reboot took much longer than normal.
>
> Rhythmbox still can not fing the needed codec.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion on a program that works so I can listen to internet
> radio?

Weird.

I suspect that most standard Gtk apps use the same codecs, so if one
doesn't work, the rest won't. I'd be very happy to be wrong about
that.

I use Parole on openSUSE with XFCE to listen to BBC 6music.

Pragha also works, I think.

VLC can play almost anything.

Also worth a look...

https://www.fossmint.com/best-radio-streaming-apps-for-linux/

KDE apps might use something else, if you don't mind a ton of dependencies?

https://store.kde.org/browse/cat/395/ord/latest/

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com