Rhythmbox codec problem

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Fri May 15 17:54:07 UTC 2020

** Reply to message from Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> on Fri, 15 May 2020
13:21:42 +0200

> On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 00:28, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
> >
> > I did a search and found a message that states that I need the package
> > ubuntu-restricted-extras which I installed.  Now I still get the codecs pop-up
> > error message but not the plug-in error.
>
> Silly question:
>
> Since you installed the u-r-e package (which is what I was going to
> suggest as I was reading the opening paragraphs), have you rebooted?

Yes, I had done a reboot.  The reboot took much longer than normal.

Rhythmbox still can not fing the needed codec.

Anyone have a suggestion on a program that works so I can listen to internet
radio?

--
Robert Blair

I don't make jokes.  I just watch the government and report the facts.  -- Will Rogers