How to create bootable USB thumb drive with iso file

Charles IRONS irons.charles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:04:50 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-04-29 at 15:24 +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 15:01, Grizzly via ubuntu-users<
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I beg to differ, I have both (as I said) a Win7 installer USB & a
> Live Win7USB, more correctly a bootible Win7 on USB, portablilty has
> been a littleuneven, but it does run on (at least) 7 of 9 PCs &
> LappyTops I use, plus anApple (newish don't remember the model)
> So you installed a fresh copy of Win7 onto a USB stick? And it
> bootsand runs on multiple PCs? I'm impressed!
> AFAIK Win10 is easier to have on a USB than Win7 was/is, but as I
> don't have aWin10.iso I cant test (not sure I would want Win10 any
> way)
> It's a free download:
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO
> Works well unregistered & unactivated -- better than any previous
> version.
> Win7 is end of life & out of support now.
> *All* previous versions of Windows are now dead, and I would
> notrecommend *any* of them for use on a physical system that connects
> tothe Internet.
> It is 10 or nothing, unfortunately.
> -- Liam Proven – Profile: https://about.me/liamprovenEmail:
> lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts:
> lproven at gmail.comTwitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Flickr: lproven – Skype:
> liamprovenUK: +44 7939-087884 – ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420
> 702 829 053
> ********************
Hello Liam Proven

Is it easy to upgrade from Win7 to Win10 using the free download?

I am a retired end-user of Ubuntu with few command skills. I am waiting
to upgrade my Asus desktop to Ubuntu 20.04.1
Windows7 is on the original dual boot partition . I still need it to do
my tax returns three times a year.

If possible please give me links to "How to" instructions for upgrading
/ installing Windows 10 from the download.

My desktop 6 year old Asus has 4GB DDR3 Ram, 500 MB HD Win7 partition
and 3.4GHZ Intel core I3 motherboard.

Hope you will advise me. Thanks & kind regards. Chas
--
Our preferred address is
irons.charles at gmail.comMobile   +2783 588 0028