best way to install Ubuntu on external hard drive?

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed Feb 26 06:51:34 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 00:09, Tommy Trussell  wrote:
> Did you open the case and unplug/disconnect the motherboard battery?
I know that that trick *can* work on many laptops (not all). I am saving that attempt as the very last, because, a) I would be very surprised is such a dumb trick were enough to bypass TPM, at least on that laptop, which b) as I said, "is a [rugged] GETAC M230, never seen something so though. Could last 30 more years". It's doable of course, but being surely more hassle than with ordinary laptops, I would like to be sure there is no other way.
Marco