Launcher icon size

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:24:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 18:18, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

> > Corel LinuxOS made it usable. I blogged
> > about this yesterday:
>
> Must have missed that, don't get your blog.

No reason you should. I just happened to be talking about it on Reddit
2 days ago.

> It did need taming. Some of its eye candy had the beginnings of a
> dangerous beast. TDE seems to have fixed everything except the
> intermittent loss of indexes in kmail 1.9.

It doesn't fix the clutter.

I'm not talking about bloat, although it has that too.

There are dozens of pointless little options to twiddle. Panel at
bottom? Sure. Full width? Bottom left? Bottom right? Sure. Left edge?
Top left? Centre left? Etc.

I don't want any of that crap. All these options are bloat. I want to
drag it where it should go and for it to stay there. Buttons and
dialogs are the bloat, not the functionality. Direct interaction, not
options to frobnicate.

And I don't want bloody panels anywhere. I want a vertical taskbar,
like Windows has done for twenty-three damn years, and KDE still can't
do, even though it's a ripoff of Windows from top to bottom.

I don't want a Windows-lookalike, but nothing else is left now. If I
must use one, I want a _good_ one, one that _works_. KDE does not.

> Is that a qt5 problem, or kde's?

They deleted the code. They removed it. Too complicated, it looked
like it would be hard to maintain.

>  I don't have room for 2 monitors, but
> do have a plethora of workspaces. What you might use for monitors
> probably has a printer occupying that space here.

I don't print anything. I haven't turned my printer on in 6 months.
But I type every day. Screens are _way_ more important than monitors
to me. My iMac has 2 x 27" screens. (Honestly, they're a bit too big.
I'd prefer 3 or 4 smaller ones.)