OT?

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Sun Jun 10 06:12:35 UTC 2018

** Reply to message from Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> on Sat, 9 Jun 2018
15:27:42 -0700

> I've got an Acer laptop that came with Windows 10 installed and I'd
> like to make it dual boot with Ubuntu, don't much care what version.
> I've prepared a bootable usb stick. It boots fine with other computers
> but not on the Acer. I've disabled secure boot in the BIOS and have no
> option to change the boot order, Windows Boot Manager is the only
> choice.
>
> Can anyone point me to an information source for this issue? Off-list
> is fine.

On a UEFI computer you ned to get to the UEFI boot menu and select the USB
device.  On my computer I have to hold down the Esc key when I power on.

--
Robert Blair

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.  -- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University