OT?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jun 10 04:27:32 UTC 2018

Dave Stevens wrote:
> I've got an Acer laptop that came with Windows 10 installed and I'd
> like to make it dual boot with Ubuntu, don't much care what version.
> I've prepared a bootable usb stick. It boots fine with other computers
> but not on the Acer. I've disabled secure boot in the BIOS and have
> no option to change the boot order, Windows Boot Manager is the only
> choice.

Maybe this helps (sorry it is in German):
<https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/wie-unter-win8-und-windows-boot-manager-ubuntu/>

The main point: In the UEFI setup the person who asked the question
disabled the Windows boot manager. Then he could boot from the USB
stick.

I hope it works for you the same way. BTW: Your question is definitely
not OT:

Nils