Gnome replaces Unity

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 21:25:43 UTC 2017

On 16 October 2017 at 21:53, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> The difference between a layperson and a geek (computer nerd) is that
> the layman actually expects the computer to do what s/he wants.  (We
> know better...)

Honestly, this is why Macs sell so well.

I know a lot of PC types hate them, but they're well-made of
top-quality bits and the software really is very good.

No, not very customisable, but that's not who it's aimed at.

I'm typing on a Mac, because I'm getting old enough to want my
computer to Just Work with the minimum of fiddling, and a used Mac
mini was cheap. It's 6YO, still more than fast enough, and it's
lovely.

 *Pats it affectionately*

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com