Gnome replaces Unity

Jim jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Oct 16 15:37:10 UTC 2017

On 10/16/2017 08:06 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

> In fact, the weirdness and lack of end-user customisability of GNOME
> Shell is the reason for Maté existing at all, and for the success of
> both Cinnamon and Maté.

This is the reason I will not seriously consider using Gnome. I may take
a look at it out of curiosity, but I doubt I will ever use it. After
crippling Nautilus by removing the split panes, which was the feature I
probably used the most, I would be worried about what else the
developers would arbitrarily take from the users.

Regards,  Jim